Tuesday, December 4, 2007

First Weather Related School Closing

Today, although the rain is long gone, the flooding is an issue and the school district is closed. Chandler and Henry are thrilled to be in their first school closing. Even mom is a little excited. It seems to have renewed the my childhood excitement of a closing in NY. Since the sun is out and the temp is nice, it doesn't look like it should be closed. Not the same as sitting by the front window in my zipper-up bathrobe with sponge rollers hanging from my hair, watching the snowflakes fall, listening to the radio, and praying to hear, "Newburgh School Districts...closed" Non-the less, they are excited.
It did rain a lot!!! I had no idea it could rain so much. I think it started Friday during the night and didn't stop until late last night. Saturday was mixed with snow but otherwise it was a constant downpour of rain. We are drying out in town, but the low areas are dealing with flooding. A couple of near by towns are underwater. The locals say it isn't the norm...I'm thankful for that.
We have a contract on a house. The seller moved the closing to January 23, so it is right around the corner. The inspection is this week. It should all go smooth besides working around his remodeling. The interior is all remodeled besides the kitchen cabinets and window treatments. It is a 3/2.5, 2,100 sf, split level with a finished basement. It sits on a hillside top. A private drive to one side, a custom house behind and another house on the other side. The yard is good size, not huge but bigger than we had in AZ. It has apple trees so I'm looking forward to preserves and such with those.
Happy Birthday to my pacemaker! It will be five years old tomorrow...and still ticking...haha.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I haven't told my kids about possible snow days. They are "off track" for the whole month of December so mother nature bring on the snow. We got a bunch over the weekend but it is mostly gone now.
Congrats on the house. What will you do with all that space? We start finishing our basement sometime this week (waiting on permits). It will be nice to have the extra room!

HI to the guys!

Jack said...

!ey chandler I just wanted to tell you to check out my blog and also toon town is leting you leave toon town until suday! so if your not a member you can do member things!

Jack said...

Um in the begining of my comment its an H noy a! (sorry)