Saturday, March 29, 2008

Don't Scoff at Mother Nature


All week we laughed at Mother Nature's attempt to bring us a Spring snow. We were amazed by the HUGE flakes we received on Wednesday (video below), we woke to a dusting on Thursday, and Friday kept us guessing all day between snow, sun, rain, wind...sometimes all at once...all that snow, none of it stuck!
Today, she showed us. Not only is it snowing steady but it is sticking also. The only part that upsets me...I wanted to pick the daffodils in my yard all week but held off, not wanting to kill them. Now they are covered in snow and will probably die. Marguerite, they are the cinnamon sticks of the week!

3 comments:

ORSprueills said...

That is one of the pros of living here.

Thanks for the comment :)

I know, I'm a smart ass.

Shannon said...

We are still getting snow here too!! But it sure beats the hell out ot 90 in April!! We will get to about 75 next week, I have Iris' and Tulips coming up, even with the snow they still are spring like. I can smell it in the air. I just wish it would quit so we can go hike up are mountain!! I love the 4 seasons!!

Wendy said...

I agree, Tina. Though we have had a lovely long spring this year. Not too hot. I love those daffodils, too. I bought some cut dafodils around Easter and all I could think of was CT.