Monday, June 30, 2008

Returning Home






I returned home Sunday night from attending Gracie's service and visiting with Seth and Christy. Besides the experience of grieving a baby's short life, the time spent with Seth and Christy and their wonderful friends and family, as really taken a reflective toll on me.

Such a heart breaking part of life to experience. I know from grief of my mother's death, I cannot begin to understand what Seth and Christy are going through. Just as many of my friends, who still have their mothers with them, couldn't relate to me. But we try. We try to comfort and listen and heal. With time, life continues on as best as it can. Sometimes we stay silent, sometimes we grow apart, and sometimes, if we are lucky, we grow together.

Amongst this awful tragedy, in the grief for Gracie, I am lucky to have found a brother and sister-in-law, two friends I had no idea were there, waiting for me.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I am so sorry to hear about your family's loss. How tragic.