Saturday, August 16, 2008

Really Cool!


Friday, Chandler received an early birthday present from Aunt Sheri and Uncle Mike. This really cool guitar, as Chandler called it.
Chandler's other guitar broke before the move. I took it into a shop for repair but they said it would cost more to repair than the guitar was worth. I was telling my sister this story coincidentally around the same time my BIL wanted to sell his old guitar. Long story short, they decided to send it as a birthday gift.
Chandler has wanted to teach himself how to play for a while. He was very upset about the broken/unfixable guitar, especially since it was a Christmas gift. Each time we have noticed a guitar for sale at a garage sale/store/Goodwill, he looks at it longingly. Knowing, he was receiving one soon, I had to give excuses as to why we couldn't buy a new one.
He has already spent the last two days practicing from his lesson book. He signed up for violin in orchestra this school year, maybe they will let him switch to guitar.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

How fun! Will he take lessons? I took guitar lessons from 12-14 and all I remember is "On Top of Old Smokey!" Sometimes the kids look at my guitar and want to learn but I never felt they were serious about the commitment of learning. Good for Chandler.

ORSprueills said...

He wants to teach himself first...so we will see. I wondered if John was still into guitar...good for him!