Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What a man!





The Friday prior to our out-of-town guest arriving, I was in search of additional outdoor seating. We have our table for four from Az and four camp chairs but not enough to seat eight for dinner comfortably. As with many of us these days, spending money is not a top priority but I wanted our company to feel at home.
Not without a plan, I searched the local paper for Friday garage sales. Lucky me, a neighbor around the corner and behind us was having a sale on Friday and Saturday. Included in the ad information, 'Outdoor Furniture'. Knowing the house sits on a number of acres, plus is quite large and kept nice, I was sure they would have good items for sale.
We got an early start, so we were one of the first to arrive. Sure enough, they had the above teak set for $20! I paid for the table and a few ceramic crocks for the front porch. The next day Wade helped me bring it home.
So this is where Wade comes in. The table, although sturdy, was very sun worn. I was willing to use it for our company and stain it another time. Wade, Mr. Wonderful, spend the next two days staining the whole set. Chandler and Henry each did one chair.
By the time our guests arrived on Monday, the table and chairs were ready to be used.
Doesn't it look beautiful?! Thank you Honey!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

It worked great for us!! You can be proud of all 3 of you men!!

Wendy said...

Nice set and a great price. Wade is such a great example for his sons.