Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Day of School


Blueberry Pancake Breakfast for all!

Mr. 5th Grader, at 5'1", size 8.5 men's shoe!
As the Dr. calls him SOLID!
Well, that was a long summer break! I am still amazed by the length of their break...almost 12 weeks! I truly enjoyed every moment during this break in our new home. I am so lucky to be at home with Chandler and Henry.
They started school last Wednesday, September 3. Wade took Chandler into his class, I took Henry. The schools here do not have a before school starts meet the teacher; meet the teacher is within the next week. They do encourage parents to walk their children into class the first day. Chandler's school even offered parents to stay 45 minutes into class.
Henry is in 3rd grade at the same school as last year. Chandler is in 5th grade at the upper elementary school which houses 5th and 6th grade for the district, about 900 students! They both seem happy with their teachers, classmates and surroundings. Chandler especially likes the format of the new school. Henry likes school but says, "I'd rather stay home and play all day." He asked me the other day, what I do while they are at school. I ran down the long "to-do" list I have and asked him if he had any questions. He responded with, "Do you ever play Guitar Hero?"

2 comments:

dsnyfam said...

That's funny. I also was so happy with the summer break as I always am. I could never figure out the mom's who "couldn't Wait for summer to be over so they'd go back." It's just so relaxing to have no crazy schedule to adhere to and just "be".....everybody's different. The pics are great. My three high school teenagers didn't want any pics that morning. So I just said ok and left it at that. I did yell out the front door "make good choices!" They hated that. :) (ref. Freaky Friday)

ORSprueills said...

Not sure if I should reveal that information. I'll give a hint, I'm still on Slow Ride!

That is too funny you said that to them. I can picture them rolling their eyes. Chandler still wants me to wait at the bus stop with him. I'm sure that will end with a couple of years.