Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It is all in the wording



No you are not, not seeing things, the above picture is nothing but a white piece of paper with 'Henry' written on it.

Henry's Teacher: "Class, I'm going to read a book to you. While I'm reading, I would like you to draw on this paper anything that comes to your mind."

(Those of you who know Henry might have this one already figured out.)

Teacher reads the book then walks around the classroom to view the drawings.

She gets to Henry's desk...

Teacher: "Henry, why didn't you draw anything?"

Henry: "You said to draw whatever came to my mind."

Teacher: "Yes, I did."

Henry: "Nothing came to my mind."

His teacher shared that with me during Meet the Teacher Tuesday night. Luckily, she thought it was funny and admitted she will consider her wording in the future.

The blank paper came home Friday with the rest of his week's work.