Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival




Last Saturday, we attended the 18th Annual Sidewalk Chalk Art Festival in Forest Grove. We had no idea what was involved and had no expectations for the event or our art. We did arrive late since tennis lessons are Saturday mornings, which didn't make a difference besides our location on the sidewalk.
With chalk in hand, we found our square on the corner of Main and Pacific, in front of the US Bank. As we looked at our blank, concrete canvas, we pondered over the possibilities. I guess we all were hungry because pizza came to our mind. Henry wanted to create his own section. With that, Chandler and I decided Henry's section could be a piece of missing pizza pie.
Next year, we'll have plans with us, cushions and blankets to sit on, wipes for our hands, water to manipulate the chalk, extra chalk and maybe pizza!

3 comments:

dsnyfam said...

When I first looked at the pics, I thought the pizza was one done by an artist - that you were just viewing it!! OH my gosh, guys! Awesome job...I've been wanting pizza for like a week! So talented....

ORSprueills said...

Thanks to you both!

Wendy said...

What a great idea! The pizza looks good! I have been looking at liquid sidewalk chalk for the kids for Christmas.