Friday, April 17, 2009

Brownies by Chandler


In continuing with his culinary interests, Chandler checked out a brownie recipe book from the school's library.
After looking over all the recipes, he decided on the My Favorite Fudgy Brownie. I set out all the ingredients for him. He did an awesome job following the recipe, which included infusing melted chocolate with butter, beating eggs and sugar into a soft peaked whipped cream, and folding in sifted flour.
He, honestly, shared it was hard work and he didn't expect it to take so long. I pointed out that making baked goods from scratch is hard work but SO worth the time and effort.
Although, we couldn't wait the "six hours before cutting", they were by far the best brownies we have ever tasted!
We all sat together at the table mmmmm'ing and ahhhh'ing over his delicious creation topped with melting vanilla ice cream.
Dad: Wow, Chandler this brownie is so good.
Henry: It is good but I don't like nuts so I'm picking them out.
Mom: Great job Chandler, worth every WW point!
Chandler: I'll give $10 to the first person to find the booger!
Way to finish on a "high note" Chandler!
At least he didn't "flag" the book!

No comments: