Thursday, January 17, 2008

Henry's Datebook


Wade and I, and actually Chandler too, are also curious/amazed/stunned about the inner workings of Henry's mind. He is quick with one line comments, he absorbs information within seconds, and is very regimented. One thing to add to the absorbing, if he absorbs it wrong, it is hard to reverse!

Above is a scan of his new datebook. Tuesday, Chandler had a orthodontic checkup, which unfortunately for Henry, he has to tag along and sit in the waiting room. Usually, we bring his DS, a book or homework to keep him busy. He (of course I get the blame) forgot to bring a single thing. While I am checking Chandler in at the front desk, I notice pocket size datebooks sitting on the counter for patients to take. Great idea, Henry can draw or write in the datebook while waiting.

I give him the datebook and a pen, of course he looks at me like, "What the hell is this for?" I explain the purpose of datebooks and he can write in this book while waiting. Well, that was all I needed to say. After being in the "chair" for about 30 minutes, Chandler and I return to the waiting room. Henry is on April and drawing a cupcake on Wade's birthday, April 20. He has filled in every day from January 16 - April 20 with some type of activity.
As you can see on January 16 (last night) he did have DS playing on the schedule BUT it was changed to Animal makings, since he came home with a library book on making Origami zoo animals. 'Help' stands for 'helping Mom around the house'. I will hold him to that since in February he did have 20 'help' days and changed to only 5 help days!

1 comment:

ORSprueills said...

We actually close on Tuesday since tomorrow is MLK Day. We will move over the weekend. We are excited!
Go Giants!