Friday, February 15, 2008

Guitar Hero…Danger, Danger…

I finally bought Wii Guitar Hero for “the boys”. Honestly, I am so excited to have it also.
I wanted to buy it at for Christmas but it was hard to find because of demand. Also, Forest Grove is not a super-store town. Unlike Chandler, AZ, which had around 4 Targets within a 5 mile radius of our home and doubles that in Wal-Mart, Forest Grove is about 30 minutes from the closest Wal-Mart (haven’t been to it yet) and 20 from Target. I’m not complaining at all, our checking account is proof that I have less opportunity to shop, which makes Wade and me very happy. I do most the grocery shopping at Safeway and, when I do go “into town” I like Costco for bulk buying.
A few weeks ago, during one of my few trips to Target, they had one Guitar Hero on hand. I really couldn’t resist. Although I’m not big on giving “big” ticket items to the boys other than on Christmas and their birthdays, I took advantage of Valentine’s Day to surprise them.
Chandler and I are most excited. Henry and Wade are resisting but I bet they give in soon. Chandler’s band is Roks Ship and mine is LIPST!CK. Check back for updates on our progress.

3 comments:

ORSprueills said...

I'm not very good either. Chandler is quickly catching on.

Anonymous said...

Well you got to keep yourself busy during the snow days right!! Any how I 'm hoping to get my hands on one soon. Nick gets to play when he visits a friends. I hope all is well. I saw Amy Kirley and Kathy Chapman today. The kids are so big. I hope you are loving your new place it looks great.

ORSprueills said...

Wish I could have been there today too. I do miss seeing friends. But we are loving it here.