Saturday, March 22, 2008

All done!!!!

Yippie Coyote!!!! I am all done unpacking and organizing! I am so excited to reach this point. I didn't want to unpack just the stuff we needed and leave the other "stuff" in the garage, just waiting for the day we had time to get to them. My goal was to unpack everything and organize it all by Easter break. And I did!
Everything came out of the box, had a place to go or be stored, or was given away. I have bins now stored under the stairs, with the keepsakes of each family member. The boys did a great job deciding what they wanted to keep and what they could donate. I am really proud of them. Wade was so wonderful to get the closets updated with shelving so toys and clothing all had a place.
How many boxes did I unpack? The majority guessed correctly...157. It was actually about 10 more because I forgot to include the few brought in the car. I guess, my choices weren't very clever since most of you guessed right. I went more on feeling then the reality of it all. The funny thing, Melissa, my AZ neighbor, saw all the boxes and guessed 301. It looked like 301 and felt like 301.
Who was the wise guy that pick #4 "Who Cares...I'm just glad it wasn't me!" That would be Wade, my very funny husband! Sorry girls, he's taken! Although he didn't unpack, he has offered support in so many other ways, including understanding my need to get is all done...correctly.
New poll...did I find my camera? I had my camera on October 20 before going out with my girlfriends. I could not find it before leaving that night. It never showed up during the packing, nor once we got into the rental. Wade bought me a new one for Christmas. Have I found the old one since? What do you think?
PS Yippie Coyote was the theme of Chandler's baby room.

6 comments:

dsnyfam said...

The house looks incredible! It actually looks like you've been living there....for a while, things in their places, etc. Yipee Coyote was the theme of Molly's baby room, remember? That was so weird; we both picked the same thing without knowing it! Happy EAster.

ORSprueills said...

We miss seeing you and your family today. Happy Easter.

The downstairs has lots of room so we put the ping pong table there, otherwise we'd need more furniture! It has worked out nice. We can play at night or when it is raining. Plus Wade can keep the garage to himself.

The living room could use a few more piece to keep the big chair company. Glad we kept the the sofa and chair for downstairs.

I do remember us picking the same theme...five years apart...weird.

Thanks for checking in.

Jack said...

Ha ha! Funny!You seriously did that all in one day???

ORSprueills said...

No, silly, it took from January 24-March 21!

edna said...

The house looks great!!! It is amazing you were able to get everything done so soon. I'm sure it didn't feel like that to you but let me just say.... the house looks maaaavelous darlin'!!! You did an amazing job. :0)

We may have to reschedule another phone call for Joshua and Chandler. My phone ran out of juice earlier.

We miss you guys!!!

ORSprueills said...

Still have some work to do like paint and hang pictures...but it's coming along.
I missed the phone conversation...I was weeding and mowing the lawn. I guess they continued on Runescape. Glad they had a chance to talk.
Miss you too.