Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend Warriors?

































Saturday night we did our first demo in our new house (besides the shelves inside the closets, Wade did those asap).
I couldn't stand the cabinet hanging over my head in the kitchen. Although I had trained myself not to hit my head, the fear was always there. Raising my head and seeing the door in my peripheral vision would send me into a Karate Kid stance. Plus, it blocked my view of the hummingbird feeder from the kitchen work area.
Wade wasn't too keen on the idea but I finally gave the best "pretty please" eyes.
I'm so excited. It looks so much brighter and open. A little touching up and paint, it will never be missed.

3 comments:

ORSprueills said...

Yes, it was very obtrusive!

Wendy said...

Your kitchen looks lovely. The removal of the cabinets does open the area up, and your deck area looks nice. I bet you have many meals out there when the weather warms up.

ORSprueills said...

Thanks Wendy. Just waiting for those warm days!