Thursday, April 17, 2008

Did a week pass?


What happened to the past week? It started out with Wade coming home sick on Monday (4/7). Normally, that would turn me into Nurse Michelle but not that week...too much going on. He was very understanding and didn't want to be a burden, even being sick as a dog.

We all had dental check-ups with our new dentist on Tuesday, Wade stayed home again. (probably the worst part of moving, finding new doctors of all kinds) I had two visits, because the first for adults is a consultation, then they do a cleaning at another visit, so that was Wednesday and a hair appointment.
I also planned a garage sale for Friday and Saturday. I know..."another garage sale?". Yes, another and I had two in AZ and I've made several trips to Goodwill. This was it, whatever didn't sell went to Goodwill and we are free of storing things and clutter.
Friday, I start to get sick...shit! I pushed through it Friday and Saturday, made $250, took everything left to Goodwill, took down the signs, returned home and mowed the lawn.
Wade and I laugh at what the neighbors must say, "How does he get her to do that?" I actually like taking care of the lawn. But the lawn here is much bigger than our AZ lawn, it was really hot, I believe the high was 85. The little man on our digital thermometer (picture) went from long sleeves to swim trunks.
Sunday, I was down for the count. Wade took the boys out, I have no idea where. I think they told me but I don't remember.
Monday, I had to get up for a pacemaker check-up. Still good on my battery. While I was out, I did the grocery shopping.
Tuesday, I couldn't take it anymore, I went to Urgent Care and begged for relief.
Two days later, I am loving antibiotics. Chandler and I went for our nightly walk again (Henry joined us this time). I'll post about those walks another time. I really enjoy walking and talking with him.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, you do accomplish a lot in a day!!! And you didn't feel well on top of it. The neighbors might really talk if they saw you do all this while Wade was on the deck with a glass of his new port and the paper :)

ORSprueills said...

Wendy--That would put it over the top!

ORSprueills said...

Tina- I got the themometer at Fred Meyer, which is a marketplace type supermarket, I think associated with Fry's Marketplace in AZ. The maker is La Crosse Technology, www.lacrossetechnology.com/9640 The 9640 is the model number. It has an ice alarm, which we finally disabled because it kept going off, maybe you can get a "hot as hell" alarm! The boys thought he was in his underwear not swim trunks.

I must thank you for the music. I took the link from your blog. I really need to give you credit for most the add-ons of my blog. I even put a little country music on there for you ;)

ORSprueills said...

Tina, I am feeling better and less stressed. I think the antibotics did the trick.

I hated mowing in Az, only did it when Wade was traveling.