Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Wade!

Today is my wonderful husband's birthday. Yesterday, we took him to Home Depot (for blinds and a door, not birthday gifts) but before we could leave, I needed to clean out the van, to make room for the door.
It is hard to purchase large gifts and get away with it, especially without the big walk-in closet to hide them in. (I once hid a giant, rolling tool chest in my AZ closet until Christmas.) I couldn't hide the grill for more than a day in the car.


It is also hard to surprise Wade. I tried to throw him off last Sunday, by giving him $ from the garage sale to buy a reciprocating saw (he left his in Eagar). I acted like that was all he was getting, I didn't know what to buy, and he could go shopping for himself. I then bought the grill on Friday and had it in the car until Saturday, so he got it early.
After taking the grill out and looking it over, we left for Home Depot, purchased the blinds, then took Wade to McMenamins for an early dinner. We love to eat there, it is consistently good, has good service, and good beer. Also, we found out yesterday...good desserts!


Today, I just returned from taking the boys to purchase their new Pokemon DS games. They earned the money from selling things at the garage sale and doing chores...way to go boys. Now we are hanging together and getting ready to grill some brats. Have a great day and Happy Birthday Mr. Wonderful.

3 comments:

ORSprueills said...

Since he is older than me, I have not problem releasing that information...Wade is now 41.

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday, Wade. That grill does look massive in the back of the van. You are such a creative gift giver, Michelle.

ORSprueills said...

It was massive back there, good thing the boys weren't with me.

Thanks, I try.