Friday, May 16, 2008

Good Morning!




Once I realized the large, flat, green leaves in the flower bed, don't belong to tulips, I have anticipated, what feels like forever, the opening of the Iris. Every morning I check their progress; all I see are taller stems. With the HOT weather we are expecting this weekend, I figured they will bloom over the weekend. As my luck would have it, I'm away for the weekend with friends visiting from AZ. As excited as I am about that, to add to my day, I found one Iris in full, splendid bloom. It looks like many more are to follow.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I love irises too! They are such a grand flower. What a great bridesmade bouquet, Tina. Did they carry them with a long stem or within an arrangement?

ORSprueills said...

I can picture them with ribbon on the stem...is that what you did?
I have yellow and white also? I'll take those pictures tomorrow.

ORSprueills said...

Pretty.