Sunday, June 15, 2008

Monopoly















The Monopoly brutality continues for another generation. I recall, not necessarily correctly, being thrilled as a child to play Monopoly. I think my sisters were pressured to include me, with promises of me falling asleep within 30 minutes, which usually happened.

Both boys are at the age they can play manage their own piece, money, property, etc., so I need to get over it any enjoy the game. To add to the excitement, they have a Pokemon version that Aunt Marguerite won for them on Ebay in 2004.


This last Monopoly marathon lasted three nights. Chandler being the first to fall victim to Wade's high-end hotels or, in this game, Pokemon Markets. We tried to help him out but after the third time landing on Wade's $1900 rental, he had to file bankruptcy. I was next, it took another night but a poor decision in purchasing more centers led to my downfall.
It was down to Wade and Henry. A few unfortunate rolls for Wade, and Henry finished him off. I believe he finished with all the property and about $9,000 in cash, plus all the PokeCenters.
Overall we had a good time. Best moment of the game...Henry asked if he could lend Chandler money so he didn't have to file bankruptcy, and started crying because it made him sad to see Chandler lose.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

How sweet of Henry! He loves his big brother!

ORSprueills said...

Too bad he doesn't always feel that way!