Saturday, June 14, 2008

Last Day of School


Thursday was the last day of school for Chandler and Henry. This card is from their Aunt Suzanne, congratulating them on finishing the school year. We love the gifted reference, I know a few of you will get a kick out of it as well. As "gifted" as the school may say our children are, they still struggle with life's simple tasks. For this school year, I have said it before, they had a challenging one. Henry started at a new school, then they both endured the move and a new school. Really two moves, if you count moving into the new house, which why not, it was a change.

With all that in mind, they had a great school year. I am so proud of them. I have no idea how they finished the year. I am guessing they mail report cards? I can remember as a child the excitement around receiving my report card, or maybe not, depending on how it did. The boys could care less; I think these days, at least for us, we communicate with the teacher so much that grades are not a surprise. Chandler will move on to the upper elementary school, Tom McCall which houses 5th and 6th grades. Henry will be in the TAG group for 3rd grade. Nice for him, he knows five other students in his class going into TAG.

This is our longest summer break yet; they return after Labor Day. I'm excited to have so much time with them and experience Oregon in the summer...again.

No comments: