Friday, December 5, 2008

Another year!


My five year battery has become a six year battery! Six years ago today I received my ICD at the amazing hands of Dr. Thomas Ross. I have actually missed seeing Dr. Ross every three months for my check-up. Sometimes the visit was quick and to the point, other times we reminisced about the odds of me still being alive.
I do become remorseful thinking about how busy life becomes and that I might not appreciate every moment as I expected I would back then. I know I am still here for a reason, one day I might actually realize that reason.

1 comment:

ORSprueills said...

There is a paddle which reads the ICD which then can be controlled by the doc's computer. He can make changes, update info, plus a few annoying things, like raise my heart rate. They do that every three months for the last six years!!!