Thursday, December 4, 2008

Update

I am so behind on this blog. I am going to blame my new job. Not lack of time management, I'm pretty good at that. Nor, lack of subjects to blog about, lots of those around here. It is the new 3 hour a day job I started last month!

Honestly, I don't know how working mothers to it all. As much as I support stay-at-home parents, I am more amazed by families where both parents work full time and manage all the other stuff. I'm not saying I took the easy road, staying at home is hard too, but I really didn't want to test being a working mom. On the flip side, I know working moms who can't imagine being at home all the time and making the financial sacrifice.

Anyway, that is not the topic of this posting. This is a get 'er done posting. Mostly to just get one back out there so I stop thinking about having to post. I am proud that I didn't let a week go without posting at Desert to Forest. I was behind on a daily basis but never let the week go without catching up.

We have enjoyed the beginning of our holiday season. I do love this time of year and even more with the cold weather. Grandpa was out for the Thanksgiving Holiday. It seemed like a good year for holiday travel, no big storms or delays. We also included friends from work who do not have family in town. Brad and Amber are expecting their first baby in February.
This week is full of Christmas festivities in town, including the light parade we watched last night. I have all my holiday shopping done, just need that last trip to the post office. Lastly our Christmas cards, we are still working on that picture.
So there is my update and posting to carry me to tomorrow. Hopefully, I can manage my time better in the future.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

What is your new job?? I hate working full time but it is a necessary evil we must do! Sorry I never got back to you life is crazy. I am jealous you have all your shopping done, I have only just begun

ORSprueills said...

I am a teacher's assistant at the community school in Forest Grove.
With having to ship 90% of our gifts, early shopping is a must or I pay outrageous shipping fees.
No worries, I know we'll catch-up soon.
PS The Saturday we talked while I was driving to the birthday party...wrong day, the party was Sunday!