Monday, December 29, 2008

My Favorite Things....

Amongst the Christmas traditions, celebrations, decorations and blessings, is the gift giving. I love giving gifts almost more than receiving. Especially when I find that "just right" gift for family or friends.


As always, I received wonderful gifts of all types from wonderful family and friends. I especially, want to share these two special gifts my sisters made for me.
This year, my sisters and I decided on a Make or Bake Gift Giving for each other and spouses. Keeping pressure off trying to find the perfect store gift, while making the gifts from the hands and heart. The pressure of perfection was still there but, in the long run, we all enjoyed the journey. (the photos do not do them justice.)
Sheri made this Gingerbread heart and decorated it also. It is about a foot long...so beautiful. She also made Gingerbread men and snowmen for the boys.
Suzanne, made a memory book from the memorial service we had for our mother in 2007. The pages are filled with photos from years of vacations at the house on Prudence Island, plus all the beautiful poems, prayers and readings we shared that day.

1 comment:

dsnyfam said...

Wow...you always do a beautiful job of explaining things....I'm going to have to do the same on my blog, although I'm pretty sure you are the only one who reads mine :) Thank you for that. My cookie didn't make it in the box as Sheri was afraid it would end up squishing everything and breaking everything...But many other yummy treats were in there, even for JoJo; I love sharing his bones with his doggie buddies. I had four canker sores in my mouth for Christmas which made for very little eating...probably saved me five lbs. in the long run. I will post about my yummy gifts from you ...the rasberry preserves are gone already. I didn't even get to taste them!!!