Monday, May 5, 2008

A surprise from Wal-Mart


My "to-post" list is long but I must slip this one in.
A little history: When we arrive in Oregon, Wade took my van for an oil change. He was informed that the oil drain plug was stripped the last time the oil was changed. The last oil change was at Wal-Mart in Arizona. Which, the oil leaked after and we returned to Wal-Mart, a couple of times, for them to fix the leak. They did and, we left for Oregon a few weeks later.
March, we take the van to a local Honda dealer for this repair among others. To fix this stripping, we need to have the whole oil pan and gasket replaced. Total cost for this repair...$305.92!
On April 7, I sent a letter to Wal-Mart requesting reimbursement for the repair. I explained the situation and attached the comments from the Honda repair technician. Honestly, I did not expect to receive reimbursement or even a response. Well, surprise, surprise, surprise...today I received a phone call from a Wal-Mart customer representative. He followed-up with the service center in Arizona to confirm we had service there (several times), understood our limits in reaching a service center in Oregon (no Wal-Mart within 30 miles) and confirmed our address. We should receive a full reimbursement within two weeks!
I must say, I am totally blown away, and impressed with the response. They have risen a few levels on my respect-o-meter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm very happy to hear that Wal-Mart is taking full responsibility and sending you a check. Up until I read your post today I never had one good thing to say about them. Thanks for changing my mind and helping me to find out there is some good to Wal-Mart. Congrats !

Miss Ya,
Melissa

ORSprueills said...

Melissa, do you have any near you?

Miss you too!

Anonymous said...

Yes, there is a Wal-Mart located in Post Falls, Idaho. It's probably 15-20 minutes away from where we live. Kevin has gone there for some socks, but I usually do not shop there.

Take Care,
Melissa