Thursday, June 5, 2008

Fluffy?



While digging our new vegetable garden, we came across a few items. The first being the blanket. As Wade pulled it out of the dirt, the ball came with it. It took us a minute to evaluate the situation. We soon realized we stumbled upon a pet's grave. Luckily, it was on the outside of the garden where a boarder post was being sunk.
Trying to find the humor in the situation, every dig after that, Wade did a little bark or called out, "Fluffy?"
Have you ever buried toys or such with a pet? I believe my mother buried our childhood cat, Kitty, with a can of tuna and a bathrobe Kitty used as a bed.

4 comments:

ORSprueills said...

Very observant of you Ms. Tina! I meant to include that information in the posting...again a memory issue!
Those prints are in the RV slab next to the garden. The original owners of this house put hand and paw prints in the concrete. We assume the ball and blanket belong to the same dog that made that print.

ORSprueills said...

I imagine she would move as soon as the car is started. That is how I go Pancho, he was actually in the engine of the car belonging to a partner at KPMG. He could never find the owner, so I took him in once he healed.
My sister suggested a bell for Lily to warn birds. She is having the same problem with her MIL's cat that hunts birds in her yard.

Wendy said...

I love your story about your mom burying her cat Kitty (my mom's cat's name too) with a can of tuna and her bed like an Egyptian! LOL

ORSprueills said...

I always joked with my mom that she needed a can opened for that tuna!