Saturday, July 12, 2008

"Are you my mother?"



A family of robins have made their nest under our back deck. Wade noticed it one night while sitting out there. It started with three eggs (one you can see in the picture). I've put off taking a picture of the nest, which finally caught up with me. Today, I noticed a shell on the ground and thought it must have fallen from the next before hatching. I checked the nest but it was too dark to see between the deck slats. A little time later, I checked again, and could make out two baby birds.
All day, between walks, fixing the fence gate, pitting cherries for more cherry pie, and visiting with co-workers picking cherries, we noticed mom and dad robin flying in to feed their babies. They even had the courage to fly in while we ate dinner downstairs under the deck.
We wish them the best and their two new additions.
Tina--How many posts can we use this title?

4 comments:

ORSprueills said...

I have a video to post this week of momma bird feeding her three babies!

Anonymous said...

...can I post pictures on my responses? While in Cazenovia last week my friend Leanne's front door wreath was graced with a nest and three baby birds! So cool.

Ok...now I want a blog I'm a copy cat I know....should I post operation shots next week? jk

ORSprueills said...

I'm not sure about posting picture unless it is part of your profile. No such thing as a copy cat. I'm glad you like my blog and would want to do it also.
It is so easy.
Look for the link to get started on my blog's side line.

Wendy said...

I love that robin's egg blue!