Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fill 'er up!


After Tina make a comment, on an earlier post, about gas prices when we met almost 10 years ago, I decided to investigate how much our gas purchases have changed over the last 10 years. I have used Quicken for our personal bookkeeping needs since 1997, so the research was easy.
First, I started in 1997, I couldn't find a "auto fuel" purchase over $20. The average purchase price was $15 a trip.
But, in 1997, I had a Dodge Neon, I can't remember the size of the tank. So, I moved to 2000 after we purchased the Honda Odyssey. The most I spent on a fill up, was $23. In 2001 it went up a little, but in 2002 it went back down to match 2000. Then starting in 2004 and after, the price does nothing but noticeably increase.
Last Thursday I filled up the tank (which was the first time since 6/13, I'm trying to not drive), ready for the total to fill the same tank, that cost $23 to fill in 2000...$75!!!!!
At least in Oregon the attendant pumps that $75 for me!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I remember filling up my Galant for $11 and driving to Las Vegas when the kids were little. Gas was $1 a gallon. It cost $60 in the Chrysler and the Excursions diesal and giant tank is $200!!

ORSprueills said...

WOW $200!

ORSprueills said...

I think that is called 'half-ass' on the Quicken. But is better than nothing!