Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our Blueberry Cup Runith Over!





Another fun outing to Crawford's Farm to u-pick blueberries. The boys must have enjoyed picking raspberries because they didn't argue when I said we were going for blueberries. They were even happier when they learned how easy it is to pick blueberries. Plus, the morning was overcast, which made for cool picking conditions.
This time we were comfortable with the animated birds sounds around us. Instead, we had to hear the po'chuckers calling to their children over the rows. I'm not sure why cursing is necessary at a fruit farm. At first Chandler and Henry thought is was funny, in a stocking kind of way. Then they commented, "Isn't this activity suppose to be tranquil?"
We picked 15 pints of blueberries, for the low cost of $11! The yield gave us muffins, jam, pie filling preserve, pancakes, a pie, plus a number of toppings for cereal and yogurt.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

How great to see your photo. You look great! I LOVE blueberries! Every year in CT I go through 'blueberry madness' as I call it. I just can't get enough of them. I even freeze my pickings and cart them home on the plane so we can enjoy them year round. I have never made jam, though that sounds good! What are po'chuckers? Did your boys use the word "tranquil" - they must be big readers with a great vocabulary!

ORSprueills said...

Yes, actually Chandler used those words including 'tranquil' and Henry agreed.
Pochuckers is another word for trashy people. It was used more back east and in those days more like white trash.

ORSprueills said...

Henry took that picture. As we were walking to the car he said, "Mom, what about a picture of you? I'd like to have that field in the background."

ORSprueills said...

I'm surprised I haven't received more comments on using that word.


Thanks for the comments on the picture...and I'll leave it at that.