Friday, July 18, 2008

First Trip to the Mall!


Yes, we haven't stepped foot into a mall since we left Arizona. Mall walking was a past-time in hot Arizona. From our Chandler house, we had four malls within 15 miles, two of them much less. I spent many days walking around each mall with a stroller when both boys were little. When they were older, our weekly bargain movie outing, almost always ended with lunch and stroll around the mall. I'm not knocking it, it makes sense to be inside with the AC, maybe find a few bargains, and visit with girlfriends.

Oregon...not so much. It's really not that hot here, though there have been days. We really don't have extra money to spend. Lastly, the mall is 45 minutes away! When Chandler and Henry found out there is a Lego store at the Washington Square Mall, they asked the visit it for their weekly outing. Since the Chandler Fashion Square Lego store opened after we moved from there, I couldn't say no. We haven't visited a Lego store since our last trip to CO, in 2004.

Anyway, it was a nice trip. I took the back roads through farm land instead of the freeway. We visited the Lego Shop (of course), Bath and Body (need those hand soaps) and Made In Oregon (love supporting the locals). Of course, no mall trip would be complete without a fill-up from the food court. Imagine all those choices for the boys. Remember, we don't eat out much at all. I can't recall the last time we had fast food besides Subway. What did they choose...Subway! I couldn't believe it, I'm happy they went healthy, but it was a surprise.
How often do you visit the mall?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

We dont visit the mall either. I think it is way over priced and to many people (wow that makes me sound like an old bitty doesn't it. Our gas bills have doubled here too, I am looking for FULL (4 hrs)time work as we speek, it sucks! It is proabley a good thing I had boys, because they could care less weather they have a walmart shirt or a abercrombie shirt(not that they even know who ambercrombie is):)

ORSprueills said...

Getting old or not $4.00 a gallon is crazy.
I have an interesting post for that this week.

I can only imagine how much girls cost:
hair cuts
jewelry
shoes
clothing
make-up
purses