Saturday, August 30, 2008

Homemade Pizza



I found a great pre-made dough at Trader Joe's. Sure I could make it myself but sometimes it isn't worth the time. Anyway, TJ's has three great flavors, including wheat and garlic/basil. To save energy in the house, I used the pizza stone on the grill. I did purchase a new peel (slate board top picture) it is extremely helpful in maneuvering the pizza and stone around the grill.

I tried to at a touch of fun to the evening by speaking with an Italian accent and using the few Italian words my Aunt Barbara taught me. The boys thought I was crazy!

3 comments:

ORSprueills said...

So far it has worked or not broken. It is hard to move around, plus it gets very hot, that is why I purchased the peel.

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

I love homemade pizza! I never thought of putting my stone on the grill either! It would save energy - heating the oven to 500F while simultaneouly cooling the area around the oven. My kids get a kick out of picking, cutting and preparing topping for pizza